Clicke here for a pdf of this information:Parking Directions - 2016 River Herring Network Meeting
Parking is available at the Elm St. Parking Garage, and is not available at the Buzzards Bay Coalition office. The walking distance is 0.2 miles. The cost for parking is $15.00 for the day. Receipts will be available if you need them for reimbursement from your town or organizations.
Elm St. Parking Garage
51 Elm Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
Buzzards Bay Coalition Office
114 Front Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
Click below to download a pdf of the agenda:River Herring Network 2016 Annual Meeting Agenda Oct 27-2016
The 6th Annual Meeting of the River Herring Network will take place on Thursday, October 27th from 10:00AM-5:00PM at the Buzzards Bay Coalition Office on 114 Front St in New Bedford. This year the meeting is being hosted by the Buzzards Bay Coalition. Registration is FREE thanks to support from the MA Division of Marine Fisheries, Barnstable County Cape Cod Cooperative Extension, Woods Hole Sea Grant, the Cape Cod Conservation District, and the Buzzards Bay Coalition.
The day features 7 presentations on topics that members suggested and prioritized, a group discussion period, and an afternoon field trip to the new Sawmill Park and nature-like fish ladder along the Acushnet River. Coffee will be available throughout the day and a pizza lunch will be provided at noon.
Parking is at the Elm St. Garage which is 0.2 mile walk from the meeting location. Parking for a whole day will cost $15.00. Click here for a map from the garage to the meeting location: Parking Directions - River Herring Network Meeting -10-27-16
If you need assistance getting to the meeting, please include a note when you RSVP.
Save the Date!
The 6th Annual River Herring Network Meeting will take place on:
Thursday October 27th, 2016
This year the Buzzards Bay Coalition has offered to host the meeting, and their staff will offer a tour of the new Sawmill Park along the Acushnet River. The meeting will take place in New Bedford at the Coalition office on 114 Front St, New Bedford, MA 02740.
A survey will be sent out soon asking for your ideas for speakers and topics.
Abigail Franklin Archer
On Thursday, March 31, 2016 fifteen people attended the River Herring Network Spring Workshop in Kingston. Herring Wardens, Natural Resources Officers, Staff and an elected official from 4 towns, 3 non proft organizations, and 2 state agencies gathered at the Jones River Environmental Center to learn about the Elm St Dam removal project. The goal of the workshop was to gather input on the project plans from knowledgable people in other towns, and to provide an example to those people of the steps involved in a dam removal project. Helpful feedback was received via the evaluation survey, and the format of having a talk, discussion time, then site visit seemed to work well.
To see pictures from the day click on the link below:
River Herring Network Spring 2016 Workshop
Thank you to the Jones River Watershed Association for hosting, and to all the participants for taking time out of busy schedules to come together and learn from one another! If anyone has ideas for a future workshop, please contact the Steering Committee at the "Contact" link at the top of the website.
- 'Tis the Season for River Herring Events!
- Annual Meeting Presentation Slides are now Available
- 2015 Annual Meeting Report
- Annual Meeting this Thursday, October 15th in Pembroke
- Seats available for Oct 15 Pembroke Herring Run Bus Tour
- Request for letters to the New England Fishery Management Council
- 9AM Bus Tour of the Pembroke Herring Run - Oct 15
- Agenda for October 15 Annual Meeting
- Save the Date! Thursday October 15th Annual River Herring Network Meeting
- 2015 River Herring Festivals - A Great Success!
- "Run Herring Run" Super Hero Comic - Call for Orders
- Middleborough Herring Run Festival - April 11&12
- Highest attendance at an Annual Meeting so far!
- 4th Annual River Herring Network Meeting - October 30th
- NOAA Fisheries Survey of River Herring Harvesters
- We have a date! Thursday October 30th in Plymouth
- 8 Question Survey! Plan for Next Meeting
- Comments on Draft Eel Plan due by July 17
- TONIGHT July 1 - DMF Hearing on American Eel Management
- Marstons Mills River, Barnstable 2014 Herring Count: The Numbers Are In!
- Herring Count Volunteers Making a Difference for the Ipswich River
- Middleboro Herring Festival April 12&13
- NOAA NMFS creating a River Herring Technical Expert Working Group
- Do you want to serve on the River Herring and Shad Advisory Panel?
- 2013 Annual Meeting Summary
- Dam removal on the Jones River
- Come to the Annual Meeting! October 24, 2-5PM in Bourne
- Public Comment for Herring Amendment 5 this Thursday in Hyannis!
- Wellfleet Herring Warden Jeff Hughes on the radio at WCAI
- Take a 5 Question Survey! Help plan the next River Herring Network Annual Meeting
- DMF request for 2013 Herring Count Data
- New fish ladders in New England
- Public Hearing on American Eel Management
- Still waiting to hear about the ESA listing
- Second Annual RHN meeting held in Buzzards Bay
- September 2012 Workshop Addresses ASMFC requirement for sustainable fisheries management plans
- 2nd Annual Meeting of the River Herring Network - Thursday October 25, 2012
- River Herring Bycatch in the Atlantic Herring Fishery will be discussed at the next New England Fishery Management Council meeting on September 26, 2012 in Plymouth
- Late Summer River Herring Network Workshop - September 13
- Have you ever wondered what a herring warden does in the Fall?
- Summary of June 12 Workshop
- Free Bus to Council Meeting June 20th
- HELP THE HERRING RUN
- A Report from the Atlantic Herring Fishery Management Plan Amendment 5 Hearing in Fairhaven
- It's Time to Speak Up for River Herring – Hearings about Bycatch in March
- River Herring Network Secures 2012 Funding
- Our vision